It doesn't buy what?

|
We have all heard the saying "Money doesn't buy happiness". This obviously ignorant and blissfully naive statement had to have been coined by wealthy person. The reason i say this is because no one who is financially struggling would ever dream of saying something this abjectly stupid. Before i get bashed for this, yes i am painfully aware that if you go to your local shopping center that you are not going to find "happiness" on the shelves. I realize that there is no one particular product named "happiness". But lets not pretend that having money does not equate to happiness. Seriously. Take an impoverished family and a wealthy family and put the two side by side and measure their happiness. I am sure that the rich folks have a greater quality of life that would enable a much higher level of happiness. But i could be wrong, maybe the poor folks (struggling to make bill payments, living in a shitty low income crime infested neighbourhood, not affording food for the kids, poor education, working a shit job that they hate) are happy as pigs in shit. But somehow i doubt it.

The people who say "Money doesn't buy happiness" are more then likely rich people who ran out of shit to complain about and have started to gag on their silver spoons. Are you rich? Are you one of those ignorant dip shits who says that stupid saying? Do you honestly believe that money does not buy happiness? I have an idea. You give me some and i will gladly prove you wrong.

2 comments:

cozzie laura said...

I had this exact conversation with the husband earlier this week.

Money DOES not buy happiness, however, money buys vacations (that make me happy) a new car (that gives me a feeling of security since my POS is about to die), money takes me out to dinner and the movies with friends (good times) and money provides peace of mind (knowing where your next meal is coming from).

Bimbo Baggins said...

Yeah I'm for sure with ya. When I have money (expendable) I am much happier.